Sunday, February 28, 2010

please put down the phone.

I swear life has been so crazy lately. We have had soo much family crap going on, I dont even know where to begin with it all. I think I am going to save that for a later post just because there is soo much to it.

Yesterday we took Xavier to "kidapalooza" at the Pittsburgh convention center. It was really nice, I am just so happy we got there when it opened. They had Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba dancing on stage, you could get pictures with Wow Wow Wubzy which was nice, and they had soo many different vendors giving out free samples to have to and your kids try the products for free. It was really really nice, and we really did enjoy ourselves...and Xavier got a bag full of junk to eat so he was happy.









The thing that I do have to complain about is the parents yesterday. Andrew and I do not use our cell phones when we are doing something with Xavier...only if it is necessary, and we will go into a corner use the phone and then put it back away. Yesterday, the kids were soo nice that were there, and let me tell you, there were a lot of them. The parents on the other hand were crazy. They were walking around on their cell phones in a complete daze, walking into you, not saying excuse me, and just not spending time with their kids. Dont get me wrong there were some there that were doing what Andrew and I were doing, and I really like that. I love seeing parents spending quality time with their kiddos....but people....put down the cell phones for 2 hours and just enjoy some family time. What the heck is this world coming to. There shouldnt be anything more important then spending quality time with your kids. You should cherish this time, pretty soon they are going to go through the "not wanting anything to do with you" stage and you are going to miss all this time you could of spent with them.......not your cell phone! Parents, please learn how to put down the phone for a few hours and just have fun with your kids.....believe me, it will make you feel better in the end!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment