Thursday, January 7, 2010

Karma.

I have learned a lesson this week, never think that karma will not come back to bite you in the bootay, even if it is years down the line.

When I was 19 I quit a job, I called the manager at night and left a voice mail that I wouldnt be back. I was 19, immature and just couldnt handle what I was doing at the time. It wasnt a hard job, but I was going through some stuff at the time in my life where I just needed an "out". I never thought about it...I never thought it would come back to me, like I said, I was young.

Well, now I wish I could go back in time and put in a notice and leave the way you are supposed to. My good friend is now working at the company that I screwed over by not giving a notice. They are in need of people and it would be in a different department then I worked in when I quit. I have all the requirements for the position they are hiring for, and it pays decent money. I figured I would give it a shot and put my resume in just to see what happened. After I sent my resume in, I found a day care that we liked...everything lined up because I knew if I got an interview I would pretty much have the job...I know that sounds very optimistic but I know the job...and I love doing it. Well, I got a call Tuesday and everything went well, and she said someone else would be calling me to follow up. After I hung up they called back and told me they couldnt find me in the system and asked if I had a different last name....so I gave them my maiden name....well I guess they found me because they havent called me back since. I know its because of how I left, I dont blame them....would I hire someone back that just upped and quit on me...hecks no. So thats life. I guess I live and learn. I am going to call them in the morning to check on the status of things just to see if I can get a straight "yes" or "no", but my hopes are not up anymore...I was bummed about it today but the more I think about it, the more I tell myself I cant be upset, its karma....I shouldnt of done what I did years back.

Live and Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment