Thursday, August 13, 2009

Caught up.

I thought I would start a blog, just to document how I feel...kinda like a little outlet. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Nikki, I have been married to the love of my life, Andrew, for a little over 3 years. We had our first little boy, Xavier, on Feb 15th, 2008. He is the love of our lives. We just couldnt of asked for a better little boy, I swear he is our everything.

A month after I had Xavier (I had him c-section) I developed a pain in my leg. I couldnt walk but I just thought it had to do with the c-section. To make a long story short (if you want the whole story, please feel free to email me) I developed a DVT in my leg from my groin to my knee (blood clot) and a piece of that broke off and I had a Pulmonary Embolism (clot in my lung.) I almost didnt make it, after 4 days in ICU, getting an IVC Filter in my vein, and getting my blood thin enough to come home....I 12 day stay in the hosital I was released. I was on Coumadin for almost a year, and finally got my IVC Fliter out....and now I am healthy. Although the scary thoughts of everything returning haunts me every day of my life.

I am a stay at home mommy to Xavier. I also watch my niece during the week. I love it, and I couldnt ask for a better job.

My doctor tells me that if I get pregnant again, I will have to take shots of Heparin in my belly every 8 hours (i dont know the full details of that yet). Andrew and I talked it over and are really willing to do whatever is possible to give Xavier a playmate. Yes, some people think I should wait a few more years, I think those people are just scared of what happened to me before. The time is right for Andrew and I to start trying...which we have been for a few months for another baby. We dont want my doctors to downplay what happened to me before, or else, have to get new doctors years down the line....so we think this is the right time to start trying to have a baby.

This blog is going to be my thoughts, and tries. I am not going to hold anything back. I want everyone that has gone through a DVT/Pulmonary Embolism that wants to get pregnant again to have someone to look up to, and to go to for questions and just follow. I want everyone that has had this happen to them know there is hope and anything is possible as long as you put your mind to it!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment