Thursday, March 18, 2010

Health Insurance Rant

Health Care in our country is so f''ed up I just cant stand it. I know I am going to get bashed to hell and back for my views but Im going to vent anyway. How is it that Andrew and I pay over $400 a month for our health insurance through his job, but then we still have a $300 deductible per person every year, $100 for emergency room, and it only covers 80% of anesthesia............how the hell do we get the short end of the stick when we are paying monthly out of our pocket for health insurance. NOW...if I was on welfare, and getting things for free I wouldn't have to pay any of that...! That means our well earned dollars are not only paying for our health insurance, but its paying someone elses to get better health insurance then me! Its totally not fair at all. Wouldn't it make more sense that Andrew and I get to go to the ER for free, and to get everything paid for, but the ones on welfare have to come up with their ER visits, and have a yearly deductible. In no way am I saying that it should be as much as I am paying, but I think it should be something. Its not fair that us paying insurance have to question when we should go to the ER, but yet people that are getting health insurance for free can go whenever they please and not have to think twice about it. I just dont understand how that works. In my opinion health care is a privilege and not a right. Im not saying people should not be able to go to the doctor because everyone should be able to go and not be turned away, but I think if you cant afford to pay for health insurance you should get billed for your doctor visits and at least have to pay something. Its not fair for the ones that work hard to pay for their insurance monthly.



Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment