Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who throws away that?!

Before I make this post, let me start by saying this, if I ever complain about anyone in my family, I love them all dearly, but that doesnt mean that I have my "dislike" moments. I get along with my family....we just have our moments...I mean, who doesnt? lol.

That being said I stayed over my mom and dads again on Thursday night. I love staying over there because it gets me out of the house and I get to visit them. Not to mention I bring our clothes for the week to wash because we dont have a washer and dryer in our house, we dont have hookups or else we would, because its a really big PITA.

We go into my mom and dads and I knew it was going to be a long 24 hours because the house was at sub zero....! Seriously. When the temp reaches 70 degrees my dad thinks its time to put the AC on full blast until the summer is over and its below 70 degrees again. It was freezing. Not just cold...freezing. Feeling cold down to your bones freezing. Who does that! I cant stand being cold, and of you complain its like the biggest NO NO ever. It drives me crazy. So I bring Xavier his winter PJ's when we stay down there, and I hide under a blanket the whole time, because as much as i LOVE to be cold...its too cold. Plain and simple.

So I go in to go to the bathroom and I happen to look in the trash, there was a roll of toilet paper in the garbage with toilet paper on it. It was the only thing in the garbage so I thought I might have knocked it in there. Im trying to think how I could explain how must TP was left on the roll....lets just say enough for a women to use it to wipe about 5 times of TT'ing...so a good amount was left. I used some, then later that afternoon went back in.......it was back in the garbage. So I brought it out and asked "Why do you throw away TP with this much left on the roll?" My mom said "your dad does that all the time and I dont understand it." OMG I wanted to flip out...its hard enough purchasing something that you are just going to wipe your bootay with and throw away in the first place, but to throw any amount of unused away and not think twice about it? It just makes me crazy. I swear my dad has no concept of money.

Its little things like that, that drive me crazy when I go down there. Andrew and I are just getting by right now...barely making it because we are so used to getting my babysitting money from the state....but until we start getting that money again (whenever our darn governer signs PA's yearly budget) we are on a budget....a strict one. So when I go down to my parents and see stuff like that, and get told about him buying things for his ham radios, things that are useless to me, and cost a couple hundred dollars I get a little mad...its not jealously...its just I dont want to hear about what you are buying when you KNOW that we are on this budget. Its not our fault that we live in PA and my pay is held up until this budget is signed, but that is how it is. Andrew and I are starting to have a hard time because we didnt realize how dependent we were on getting my paycheck everymonth. Ugh. I cant stand people that dont have a concept of money and just throw it out the window like its nothing.

My mom and dad struggled when raising me. They had really hard times...who doesnt? Its like my dad forgets about those times, and acts like Andrew and I are doing something wrong. Then we hear that we need to buy a house. I am sorry, no one NEEDS to buy a house. Some people dont. I think its very mature of Andrew and I to say "we are not ready to purchase a house" rather then going out, purchasing one, and loosing it. Does that make sense? My dad doesnt understand what goes into buying a house....I used to do that for a living, so I know...and we are not ready. Right now, if something breaks, someone comes and fixes it and we dont have to worry about the money and the cost. If we owned a house right now and something broke we would be screwed. We are not ready for all that. Being some what broke and then hearing that we NEED to buy a house is not something I want to hear, and when we go down there to visit and hear all that stuff...it just drives me crazy.

That is my rant of the day, I just needed to get that out. I have soo much to blog about this weekend, but Im going to save some for later. I am going to work on some of my digital scrapping kits, and enjoy this lazy day with my little family.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog. I survived an abdominal aortic aneurysm during my first pregnancy and your site gives me hope to have another child. Best of luck with everything and love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be crude, but this applies to everyone. My husband passed away without a Last Will and Testament Form and I have been struggling with a bunch of needless court information and paperwork. Don't throw anything away.

    ReplyDelete